Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Labor Day Weekend was spent "laboring".  My daughter, Laura, came to help me put together kits, price items and wind bobbins to use in making our exclusive Just Bobbin Along Necklaces.  What an angel she is, although maybe not one that uses the best judgement sometimes!

Most of my friends tell me I should write a book about my experiences that I have both here and on the road.  Last year I logged 35,000 miles of travel to 20 different states.  I've experienced almost every natural disaster you an think of, have had some "interesting" confrontations on the road, and what I cherish the most...experiences so funny that if I told you you'd fall off your chairs laughing!  And then, there are the not so funny things that happen.  Of course, we never do anything in an easy normal manner...So started this weekend with my daughter helping me out.  She showed up at my door limping and with only one shoe on.  The shoeless foot had a big bandage wrapped around her big toe.  First thing she did was unwrap it and ask me if she should go see a doctor.  Now, I won't describe what the toe looked like in order to spare those of you who are faint at heart...just suffice it to say that I didn't hesitate to tell her YES!  So, we started our work day at Urgent Care.  Now, as I mentioned, we have the not so funny and the funny experiences.  This little story contains both.  Laura did quite a number on her toe, but it will heal.  How she did it is rather funny...Seems that she was camping with friends and brought her dog along.  It was dark and the dog kept running off so in order to keep track of her, Laura put a head lamp on the dog's head.  (Really Laura???  Have you heard of a thing called a leash?) Laura's plan kind of backfired.  When the dog moved her head the light shone this way and that and freaked her out so she went running and Laura went running after her...without a headlight on cause the dog was wearing it!  You can see where this is heading.  Laura tripped on a log and smashed her toe up and Gwen the dog came running to see what was wrong with her master.  The doctor said that this story made her day.
As for our day...we got a late start but I had a great helper for the rest of the day, Laura had a sore toe, Gwen won't be wearing a headlamp again and I have another story for my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment