Saturday, September 1, 2012

Here's a "Tip"

What a beautiful day today...and I'm inside sewing away!  And...as I'm sewing I thought, I wonder how many people know about this tip.  For years now I've been cleaning my iron by running it across a dryer sheet.  It does a great job removing anything gooey or gunky.

The majority of my applique patterns use the raw edge fusible machine applique technique.  My favorite fusible web to use is Steam a Seam Lite 2.  Unfortunately one of the downfalls of this product is that it causes built up of the fusible on the sewing machine needle.  One day as I was sewing along, I thought, "Hmmm I wonder if dryer sheets clean off my iron, if they'd be good for cleaning off my needles."  So, I gave it a try.  I simply wrapped the dryer sheet around the needle and ran it up and down a few times.  Not only did it easily remove all of the sticky residue, but it put a little coating on the needle that appears to prevent the sticky build up from accumulating as quickly as it usually does.

So there you have it...now off to more sewing.  Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment